Re: OT -- An extremely dumb curiosity question?

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Re: OT -- An extremely dumb curiosity question?
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 01:33:08 +0800

*On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 12:00:36 -0500
* ken <gebser@speakeasy.net> climbed out of the dark hell and cried out:

> I tried a few times to use emacs for email, but the mail setup I have
> (four or five accounts using IMAPS and TLS) is just too complicated to
> set up in emacs.  It's even too hairy for me to do in pine.  It's a snap
> in Thunderbird though.  Maybe someday....

I have five IMAP(S) accounts.
I tested two solutions:

1. nnimap
Setup is very simple. Just add five accounts to
gnus-second-select-methods. And add auth into to .authinfo.
Install STARTTLS or gnutls-cli.

I used this solution and found it's too slow for me. So I turned to
solution 2. I am very happy with it.

2. offlineimap+nnmaildir
Use offlineimap to sync all emails to local machine(s). And add five
nnmaildir to gnus-second-select-methods. Much faster.

You can have a try. Absolutely not difficult as you may think.

FYI, I use Emacs 23 and No Gnus 0.6.