Re: Keep-only-column

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Keep-only-column
Date: 8 Feb 2007 19:43:09 GMT

weber wrote:
> I think the format of "stuff" can't be understood from above :) Here
> it is:
>
> variable BLABLA  =     438438
> variable LABLAC  =     312
> variable DAUSH  =     43538
>
> Apply to that region: keep-only-column 2 makes it:
> BLABLA
> LABLAC
> DAUSHD

if the columns are (more or less) nicely lined up, you can use
kill-rectangle to kill a rectangle defined by point and mark, which is
bound to `C-x r k'. you'll have to apply it twice. do `C-h a rectangle RET'
to see some more useful command that can be applied to rectangles.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)