Re: How to apply a minor mode to all buffers

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: How to apply a minor mode to all buffers
Date: 9 Feb 2007 03:48:06 -0800

On Feb 8, 10:39 pm, "Juanma Barranquero" <lek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 Feb 2007 08:26:46 -0800, Robert Thorpe
>
> > Does that mean that fundamental-mode-hook will run whenever a temp-
> > buffer is created in elisp code?
>
> Not now, because the patch I referred to has been reverted.

Possible solution that would keep elisp programmers and users
happy ...
* Create a new mode, something like absolutely-fundamental-mode.  Make
this the mode that get-buffer-create gives a buffer when it is
created, give it no hooks.  This should sort out elisp problems.
* Put the patch back that you have just reverted