Re: Accents through Mac OS Terminal

From: googlegroups
Subject: Re: Accents through Mac OS Terminal
Date: 9 Feb 2007 08:28:54 -0800

On Feb 9, 5:05 am, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> No, I think it's rather the first item in the Emulation group: non-
> ASCII characters to Esc sequences.

I've tried with that toggled on and off. With it on I get a beep, with
it off I get a tab for "option-e e" for example, other accents produce
different effects.

In vi and at the shell this setting does not produce a difference.
Accents work both with and without this option on.

It seems as if emacs is just trying to interpret this character very
differently than the shell or vi. Is it not possible to turn off
emacs' interpretation of the character and just accept it as is?

Regards,
Colin