Re: Sociological Data Analysis with Emacs?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Sociological Data Analysis with Emacs?
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:17:09 +0100

Jim Ottaway wrote:
On 13 Feb 2007, Brendan Halpin wrote:

Jim Ottaway <j.ottaway@lse.ac.uk> writes:

If you want to have a look, you can get it at
http://www.jeho.org/qda.tar.gz.
That looks extremely good. If it were not for the fact that the
intersection of the set of qualitative sociologists and the set of
emacs users is extremely small, it could be very popular. That
said, it could be useful for much more than analysing interview
transcripts.

Yes, the small N potential users problem was really what kept me from
developing it into something more than for my own personal use.

It hadn't really occurred to me that it might be of broader interest. I
think I'll try to find some time to develop it.

I just downloaded qda and tried to test it. What do I need to do to start it? (I read the info file, but it does not tell me the whole story I think.)