Re: c-style comments in c++-mode

From: Ankur Jain
Subject: Re: c-style comments in c++-mode
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:58:30 +0530

Can we use both style of comments, somehow.

I mean, instead of replacing c++ mode comments completely, can we assign keyboard shortcut for inserting c mode style comments? Or may be some other better method to use both styles.

On 2/12/07, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>>> What's the quickest way to tell c++-mode to insert c-style comments?
>> (add-hook 'c++-mode-hook
>>           (lambda () (setq comment-start "/* ") (setq comment-end " */")))
> Or with a CC Mode style ...

Probably, but I use too many major modes to be bothered to learn each and
every one's new idiosyncratic way to configure it.  Especially since Emacs
provides perfectly good generic ways to do that.

        Stefan