Need help with some changes in c-mode

From: nemshilov
Subject: Need help with some changes in c-mode
Date: 16 Feb 2007 22:34:04 -0800

Hello there,

I'm trying to create a custom mode based on the c-mode and there are a
pair of questions which I cannot figure out by myself.

First, I need to be able to use strings like that

var_a = <<<EOL
some string inside of it
EOL;

I with to have all the text between "<<<EOL\n" and "\nEOL;" to be
marked as a string. I do mean that it should be colorized as a string
and behave as a multi-line string. And "EOL" is just an identifier,
it's not necessarily "EOL", it's anything like that "[a-zA-Z]+". And
if it's possible I would like to have the "<<<EOL" and "EOL" markers
to be marked somehow diffrent of the string by itself. Say as a
constant or keyword, I'll choose something later, just I need a hint
there.

The second stuff, I wish to have strings like "#....\n" as single-line
comments. I've allready added it like a comment, but there's a
problem, when I'm typing down something like " # =Synopsis ", I've got
problems with indentation case the "="-symbol handles as some kind of
operation by the c-mode. How can I switch it off?

That's it, Thanks.