JApanese and russian in the same buffer

From: Fabrice DELENTE
Subject: JApanese and russian in the same buffer
Date: 20 Feb 2007 13:36:16 GMT

Hello.

I'm running GNU emacs 22.0.92.2 on linux.

I have set emacs to use an unicode font.

I have the following input encoding problem: I can type japanese characters
in a buffer after having chosen the input encoding accordingly (C-x RET C-\
japanese); the kanji and kana appear correctly.

However, I can't type cyrillic characters in this buffer; if I type C-x RET
C-\ cyrillic-translit, I get characters that look like EOT in superscript
mode instead of cyrillic characters; typing those characters in a buffer by
themselves (i.e. without any japanese) works ok.

How ca I set the input encoding to have both?

Thanks.

--
Fabrice DELENTE