Gnu Emacs and gnuclient

From: Tim
Subject: Gnu Emacs and gnuclient
Date: 22 Feb 2007 09:35:19 -0800

Hello,

I'm using Gnu Emacs on Linux, with gnuclient to edit files with my
always-on Emacs.
I have previously used XEmacs, and could edit my files with a new
window in my X session, or with "-nw" to run within my current text
session. What I have so far with Gnu Emacs does everything within the
display of my original session only.

What I usually do is start up emacs within a screen session (i.e.
within my .screenrc), which I can attach and use either locally or
remote via SSH. This works great, but I would like to be able to use
gnuclient within other screen sessions or from X, without having to go
to that original screen session window to see what I'm doing. Are
there some parameters I can set to do this?

  Thanks,
  Tim