Re: Gnu Emacs and gnuclient

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: Gnu Emacs and gnuclient
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:16:34 +0100

    David> Thorsten Bonow <thorsten.bonow@post.rwth-aachen.de> writes:
    >> I *love* the Multi-tty features. If the XEmacs team doesn't get their act
    >> together any time soon, I will do the switch away from my beloved XEmacs
    >> because of this feature alone (Sigh).

    David> Uh, what?

Oh dear. Taking up a new job and raising at half past three in the morning for
three weeks will do that to you...

    [...]

    David> I am certainly not above XEmacs-bashing, but I would not have thought
    David> user-level multi-tty support a suitable area.  It's been around in
    David> XEmacs from very early on as far as I can tell.  So could you
    David> elaborate?

I must have nodded of while writing this: It was supposed to be the other way
round:

For my way of working the multi-tty features of XEmacs are so helpful that in
return I still accept the growing number of annoying things about XEmacs. I'm
thinking
of doing the complete switch to GNU Emacs when multi-tty is available on
Windoze/Cygwin, too.

Sorry to bother you. It wasn't important for the question, I don't want to start
a flame-war and I shouldn't have written it. Hope the rest of my posting was
useful. Will get a good night sleep now... :-)

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/thorsten.bonow

Halt, Beamtenseele!

Fantomas in "Die Märchenbraut", Folge 13: "Glöckliches Ende"
(sic!)