Re: function Qs

From: weber
Subject: Re: function Qs
Date: 24 Feb 2007 13:18:43 -0800

On 24 fev, 18:07, Dan Bensen <randomg...@cyberspace.net> wrote:
> Hi everybody.  I have two questions, please:
>
> 1. It looks like set-mark-command and indent-region take arguments
> when called from another function.  Where's the documentation for
> Emacs function signatures?  They don't seem to be in the Emacs manual.
>
> 2. beginning-of-buffer, end-of-line, etc. all move point to the
> specified position.  Are there equivalent functions that return
> the value of the corresponding position without side effects?
>
> --
> Danwww.prairienet.org/~dsb

1. Documentation for functions is easily accessed with Control-h f and
then enter the name of the function.

2. You can always do a "save-excursion" before calling those
functions... check it with C-h f as well.

Maybe it would be better if you told us what to you want to
accomplish... there might be an easier way.

Cheers,
weber