Re: news.google.fr using GNUS

From: David Hansen
Subject: Re: news.google.fr using GNUS
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 01:26:39 +0100

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:45:20 -0500 Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> David Hansen wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:06:46 +0100 (CET) A. Soare wrote:
>>
>>> Can somebody help me to configure the GNUS so that I can read the
>>> NEWS from this site:
>>>
>>>  news.google.fr ?
>>
>> AFAIK you can't use google as a nntp server though G-w should work
>> out of the box (uses news.google.com but that's the same archive.
>> The localized versions just have a different measures for
>> censorship).
>
> In news.google.com, you have a U.S. section, in news.google.fr you have
> a France section.  It's hardly the same thing.

Ermm, at least the german version allows me to search all english
spoken newsgroups and i can search the de.* hierarchy on
groups.google.com as well (with the same results).  groups.google.de
is just a bit prude when it comes to possible sexual content.

But I'm not sure what you mean with "section".

David