Re: Can't write UTF-8 Format.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Can't write UTF-8 Format.
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 12:22:33 +0200

> From: hanmoai@gmail.com
> Date: 2 Mar 2007 17:24:21 -0800
>
> I just installed emacs for windows version. (emacs-21.3)
>
> Weird thing is that I could type utf-8, but couldn't write it to utf-8
> format. When I write it by C-x C-s, I got following messages:

> These default coding systems were tried:
>   mule-utf-8
> However, none of them safely encodes the target text.

What text did you type?  Can you post it here (as binary attachment,
to avoid mutilation by email software)?  Maybe copy/paste via the
Windows clipboard into some email program and send.

Also, please tell how did you "type utf-8", exactly.  I'm guessing you
actually mean Unicode, not utf-8 (the latter is just an encoding), but
anyway, please tell the details.