Re: emms help

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: emms help
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 16:44:36 +0100

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Hadron,

>> I guess you use emms-2.1, so maybe the docs have improved in the
>> meantime. But a quickstart guide really should be included.
>
> Yup. In emacs world, people sometimes forget the little guy and the
> fact that not everyone has the time or patience to read a whole lisp
> manual to do something as mundane as expect a function called
> "emms-browser" to actually "browse" the top level of a directory
> tree.

It's not a directory browser, it browses tracks by metainfos regardless
where the files are located.

I added a "Quickstart Guide" to the current development version of EMMS,
so the next release will include it. In the meantime you can grab the
current version (which works very stable and offers many new features)
from my darcs repository with

    $ darcs get http://www.tsdh.de/repos/darcs/emms

Regards,
Tassilo
--
A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!