Re: emms help

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: emms help
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 03:56:51 +0100

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> Someone recommended another player (coco?)

Bongo.

> but the first thing it expected was all my music files to
> include artist-album-song information in the file name!

To be fair, it does ship with a tool (`tree-from-tags.rb')
that automatically creates a tree of symlinks into your
media library named according to Bongo's expectations.

Bongo doesn't _require_ file names to contain meta data,
by the way, but it cannot read ID3 or Ogg tags.

Thank you for your feedback.  It represents a user vote
to implement support for reading tags.

--
Daniel Brockman <daniel@brockman.se>