MIT-GNU Scheme

From: neverov_dg
Subject: MIT-GNU Scheme
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:31:06 +0700

Hi!

I started to read "Structure and interpretation of computer programs"
by H. Abelson and others, so I want to use MIT-GNU Scheme in emacs,
not in EdWin. I download xscheme.el. In my .emacs there is:

(load-library "xscheme.elc")

As I understand I should use M-x run-scheme to start Scheme REPL mode.
When I type it I get error:

MIT-Scheme terminating
scheme: can't find a readable default for option --band.
        searched for file runtime.com in these directories:
        \scheme\lib
Reason for termination:
       Inconsistemcy detected.

I try to run it on WinXp OS in emacs 22.0.93.1.
MIT-Scheme version is 7.7.90.

How can I recover it?

P.S. Edwin works fine