Re: Defining "\r" Behavior in SSH Window

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: Defining "\r" Behavior in SSH Window
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:35:27 +0000

gamename wrote:
Hi,

I have a C application that does "printf("<text>\r").  The result in a
shell window is to produce a newline.  But in an ssh window, a newline
is not created.  So, the output in a shell window looks like this:

yadda
yadda
yadda

while the ssh window's output looks like this:

yaddayaddayadda

Now can I make the ssh window behave the same way as the shell buffer?

Thanks,
-T

If the app doesn't print lines without cartridge returns/new lines,
try running
app | tr '\015' '\012'

This should change CR to LF (tr uses octal to specify the characters).

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.