Re: Timezone change in US

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Timezone change in US
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:02:00 +0200

> From: Chris McMahan <first_initiallastname@one.dot.net>
> Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:22:02 -0500
>
> It seems that the time zone rules are still being hardcoded
> incorrectly somewhere within my Cygwin environment (yes I've updated
> my Cygwin packages :). I'm working on tracking that down.

Ah, Cygwin... you should have told that right away (and I should have
asked).  Cygwin and native Windows programs are subtly incompatible;
mixing them is asking for trouble.  I'm not at all surprised that the
time-zone issue handling in Cygwin and in native Windows programs is
different: they use different runtime libraries.

Anyway, why do you need to invoke Emacs from tcsh?  Emacs's usage
pattern is to start a session when your machine is powered up, and
then never to leave that session.  So I suggest to invoke Emacs from a
desktop icon, which will solve this problem as a nice side effect.