Re: Timezone change in US

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Timezone change in US
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:58:59 -0400

> I think the only real problem comes in when you try to mix and match
> the cygwin and windows utilities.

Right.  And a normal build of Emacs under w32 is a "Windows utility" (even
if you build it using cygwin tools, it will not use the cygwin libraries
but the Windows libraries, so it won't understand cygwin filenames, for
instance, or cygwin TZ settings as you found out).

Now, I can't find the relevant data, so maybe you are using a Cygwin Emacs
(which would either be console-mode-only or use an X server rather than
native w32 windowing) rather than a w32 Emacs.

        Stefan