Re: untabify-region?

From: Robert D. Crawford
Subject: Re: untabify-region?
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 06:59:47 -0500

"Johs" <sdfsf@asd.com> writes:

> In emacs its possible press "C-x h M-x untabify" to convert tabs to blanks.
> The is very helpfull when typing a verbatim block in latex.
>
> Is there someway to make this function work in other applications as well
> (Kile, TexnicCenter for winXP, etc)?

You could write an elisp interpreter for the above applications.  Then
you could use the untabify function... oh, wait, then you would have to
also include the functions that untabify rely on... then the functions
that the functions rely on... ad infinitum.

Seriously, I think it depends on whether the applications have some sort
of support for writing your own functions.  As I am not familiar with
the programs you mention, and _probably_ the majority of people that are
hanging out here are in the same boat, you might have a look at the
communities for the programs mentioned.

Or, you could just live in emacs, which I see as the preferable
solution, YMMV.

take care,
rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

Somewhere, just out of sight, the unicorns are gathering.