getting rid of ^M displayed by emacs-w3m

From: Alexey Pustyntsev
Subject: getting rid of ^M displayed by emacs-w3m
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:00:50 +1000

Hi all!

Strangely, I have upgraded my emacs to 22.0.95.1 (it was 22.0.50
before) and emacs-w3 now shows ^M characters in php documentation
files, which I usually browse from within emacs. The html page looks
as follows.

----------------------start snippet-----------------------------
Chapter 11. Types

Table of Contents
Introduction
Booleans
Integers
Floating point numbers
Strings
Arrays
Objects
Resource
NULL
Pseudo-types used in this documentation
Type Juggling

Introduction

 ^MPHP supports eight primitive types.

 ^MFour scalar types:

  • ^Mboolean

  • ^Minteger

  • ^Mfloat (floating-point number, aka 'double')

  • ^Mstring

I didn't have this problem with 22.0.50. Everything was fine. I have
tried to follow the *troubleshooting* section of the emacs-w3m
documentation but it doesn't really help. The w3m itself displays the
page absolutely correctly if started in xterm, so that doesn't seem to
be the problem of w3m. Could you please hint to me what may be wrong?

--
Rgds
Alexey

Today is Pungenday, the 10th day of Discord in the YOLD 3173