Re: Can't get Xemacs to find init.el on XP

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Can't get Xemacs to find init.el on XP
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:53:01 +0200

landspeedrecord wrote:
Hi,

I can't get Xemacs to load in it's initialization file (init.el) on my
windows XP PC.

I read the tutorial and put the init.el file at the root of my C drive
in a folder called .xemacs.  Then I tried adding C:\.xemacs to the
PATH user AND system environment variables via the control panel/
system/advanced tab etc.  Still no luck.

Then I just tried putting the init.el file all over the place in any
relevant folder hoping xemacs would load it.   That didn't work
either.

Any ideas?  I have honestly tried reading the faqs and searching
google and got nowhere which is why I am asking here.

Thanks for any help!

I am not familiar with Xemacs. This list is for GNU Emacs.

You may want to try GNU Emacs instead, for binaries see here:

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryWThirtyTwo

The initialization file is then called .emacs. To find where Emacs think it is located just open it inside Emacs:

  C-x C-f ~/.emacs