Re: Mouse Scroll.

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Mouse Scroll.
Date: 29 Mar 2007 11:48:53 -0700

On Mar 29, 1:57 am, "Daniel" <hanm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to scroll just one line when I spin the mouse wheel. I know I
> can do it with SHIFT key, but it is tedious to hold SHIFT every time.
>
> I have found mwheel.el, and modified like this:
>
> (defcustom mouse-wheel-scroll-amount '(1 ((shift) . 5) ((control) .
> nil))
>
> Also, I byte-compile-file mwheel.el, but it does not seem to work.

Have you put (mwheel-install) in your .emacs?

> What I want is just to scroll only one line when I spin the wheel. How
> can I do this?

I think the reason your code doesn't work is that, using Emacs 21.3,
[mouse-4] and [mouse-5] only represent the wheel on X11, not on MS
Windows.  On MS Windows the signal is different.

On the current CVS version of Emacs this inconsistency has been
removed and your code would work fine.

> (BTW, why emacs is so hard to use? It is very less intuitive to use.)

Sigh, It's a long story.