Re: Anyone knows how to do dvd/book collection management in Emacs?

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Re: Anyone knows how to do dvd/book collection management in Emacs?
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 13:19:53 +0800

Thank you all for your replies.

I use BBDB for contact management. I dont think it's fit for what I want
for dvd collections.

I'll take a look at edb.

In fact I wanna use some kind of text file. Just I need things more than
bare text file. Folding, searching, and template insertion. Something
like Org mode. Just Org mode is not naturally fit for my purpose. So I
ask for if there is proving solution.

I explain something more about need of template. Say I need record
movie name, release year, director, actors etc. I wanna some key binding
to insert these automagically, and fill the values then.

The coolest thing I can imagine is Emacs solution with sqlite3 as
backend. If someone can write a sqlite3 front end in Emacs, it'll bring
unfathomable potential. Say for example, BBDB can use it to store data
in a sqlite3 db.