Re: JSLint integration: Question

From: Arnaud Diederen (aundro)
Subject: Re: JSLint integration: Question
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:18:31 +0200

Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> writes:
> [...]
> Normally, this can be done using compilation-mode.  (You would put
> your *jslint output* buffer in compilation-mode.)
>
> There is a variable compilation-error-regexp-alist that tells
> compilation-mode how to parse the buffer.  I think all entries there
> require that the file name be part of the error message.
>
> Now you have two choices: either you add an entry there for your style
> of error messages (after adding the filename), or you modify your
> style of error messages to match one of the entries.
>
> Kai

Hello Kai,

using the compilation-mode's 'compile' function is indeed a much
better solution.

I just had to re-think a bit the way I was calling the command (the
rhino JS interpreter), and how the output was formatted.
Also, I needed to set the directory to that of the file I chose to
JSLint, and everything works like a charm!

Best regards,

       A.

--
Arnaud DIEDEREN