Re: Enter special characters

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Enter special characters
Date: 6 Apr 2007 11:15:25 GMT

thorne wrote:
> The Chief Instigator <patrick@eris.io.com> writes:
>> It takes octal arguments - to insert a German "ss", just use C-q
>> 0-3-3-7-return - six keystrokes, and you should get a ß inserted at the
>> point.
>> (You won't get anything printable for 0000 octal through 0037 - 0040 is
>> a space, though - and from 0200 through 0237 (128 through 159 in decimal).)
>
> To what do these numbers corelate, and is there a list somewhere with
> which i can look up specific ones?

it may be more practical to use an input method that provides what you
need. see the function toggle-input-method and the variable
default-input-method. for example, i use the input method latin-9-prefix,
which gives me several dead keys. then "a gives ä, ~o gives õ, etc. "s
gives ß, ~< gives «, /a gives å. you may find an input method that suits
your needs.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)