Re: M-! -- new or other binding ??

From: William Case
Subject: Re: M-! -- new or other binding ??
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:05:05 -0400

Thanks Lennart;

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 23:53 +0200, Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > I find myself using the shell-command (M-!) a lot lately and the reach
> > for all the keys (on my keyboard Alt+Shft+!) is difficult.  Have I
> > missed a keyboarding trick using one hand or can someone suggest another
> > binding that wouldn't disturb the default key bindings but would still
> > be an easier reach?
>
> You may have missed this hand-saver
>
>    http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/StickyModifiers

Yes, I saw the .../wiki/StickyModifiers and after receiving your
suggestion read it carefully.  As a first solution I was hoping to find
a keyboarding slight of hand or an alternative key binding.  The problem
with the sticky key solution is that it affects all keys and I am only
having a problem with one key combination at the moment.  But I haven't
thrown out stickkeys as a solution if I can't find something else.

--
Regards Bill