Re: How to switch paragraph-indent-minor-mode off?

From: Amy Templeton
Subject: Re: How to switch paragraph-indent-minor-mode off?
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:21:05 -0400

Rudolfo Medina wrote:
> then if I want to disable it again I must exit emacs and
> restart it.

You don't actually need to restart all of Emacs; if you just
kill the buffer (C-x k RET will kill the current buffer) and
then find the file (C-x C-f filename or path/to/file) it
will find the file in default text mode, without
paragraph-indent-minor-mode enabled.

If you don't want to kill the buffer, however, you could
always put together a simple function such as this:

(defun parindent-off ()
  (interactive)
  (paragraph-indent-text-mode)
  (text-mode))

...in your .emacs file. Turning on
paragraph-indent-text-mode seems to turn off
paragraph-indent-minor-mode, so by going from there to text
mode you turn off the minor mode. There are doubtless more
graceful solutions out there, but this works as a quick fix.

Hope that helps.

Amy