Re: fullscreen does not work

From: Robert D. Crawford
Subject: Re: fullscreen does not work
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 04:55:56 -0500

Cecil Westerhof <dummy@dummy.nl> writes:

>> It would be _far_ easier to simply set the geometry
>> in .Xdefaults.  I have:
>>
>> emacs.geometry: 100x38+0+0
>>
>> for a 1024x768 screen using the font setting:
>>
>> emacs*font: 10x20
>
> I tried this in ${HOME}/.Xdefaults, but this has no result.

That is where it should go.  Did you log out and back in?  .Xdefaults
needs to be read by xrdb, which should be done when you log in.
Alternatively, you can run

xrdb ~/.Xdefaults

and that should do the trick.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

* SynrG notes that the number of configuration questions to answer in sendmail
  is NON-TRIVIAL
                -- Seen on #Debian