Re: Possible hidden html tags in straight text in eamcs?

From: Herschel
Subject: Re: Possible hidden html tags in straight text in eamcs?
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 19:42:28 -0400

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
> Herschel wrote:
>> I attempted several searches without finding any getting matches.  It
>> might be that I am not good at guessing terms used.
>>
>> I doubt they exist, but can invisible tags exist in a web page I have
>> written in emacs that act like an inserted line break, e.g. <br /> or
>> the html option and viewing the code rendered.  It's weird, because the
>> lines in the editor are uniformly wrapped and nothing is visible where
>> the lines break when rendered.  Efforts to delete such hidden tags have
>> failed, hence, I am at loss what I might have encountered.
>

> A small example would help us understand what you mean.

Just figured it out putting in the examples.  I have superscripts, and
the line spacing is too tight to fit, hence it was these lines forcing
greater spacing.

I sincerely appreciated your question, had I not attempted to answer
your request for a greater explanation by pasting in the sample code I
would not have seen the answer.  I was in the midst explaining the
breaks.   It was a sample I pasted in that suddenly expanded the line
spacing, at first I looked for a hidden code, or the area I copied to
see if I took part of the blank line, then I saw the superscript sitting
just too high.  Really, almost laughing out loud.  Thank you!!