Re: Inserting standard text

From: roodwriter
Subject: Re: Inserting standard text
Date: 27 Apr 2007 03:40:42 -0400

anders <anders.u.persson@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi!
> I have tryed to relace my development enviroment with Emacs, and i
> have found it gives me
> a lot of stuff i like.
>
> Becurse i am new maby my question i simple, i have read a beginners
> book but missing some.
>
> I have debug text, that i tody in my old editor just press a key and
> it insert this text.
>
> Wha't is the easys way to do this, ELISP + KEYDEF or,,
>
> I am develop in C under windows and compiling on a Solaris machine
> any tips regarding whould be nice.
>
> Thanks in advanced
>
> Anders Persson

Being a writer, not a programmer, I do something as low-tech as a
macro incorporating an insert-file function calling up a file with the
appropriate text or template. For short stuff I have some abbrevs set
up.

There are all kinds of ways to do things with Emacs.

--Rod
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical
Consumers" and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." To reply by e-mail
take the second "o" out of the e-mail address.