Re: EmacsW32 invocation options

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: EmacsW32 invocation options
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 17:30:52 +0200

On 5/2/07, Lennart Borgman (gmail) <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:

I was concerned about new users. Every difficulty when trying to start
using Emacs is a big thing.

No way. Not being able to print from Windows would be big. Having to
click on the Emacs icon *once* before using the client is hardly big.
IMHO, etc. etc.

And if you are on MS Windows it was very
difficult to get started.

I've read you say that more than once, but I'm still unconvinced.

However if you are
talking about user specific elisp code that must be ran I believe it is
possible to extend the solution in my patched Emacs client without
difficulties.

Almost everything can be extended, often without difficulties. That
does not imply cleanliness of design.

            Juanma