Re: EmacsW32 invocation options

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: EmacsW32 invocation options
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 21:49:22 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

In particular, a .emacs that starts the server will do the wrong thing
with Lennart's binaries.  And .emacs that does not start the server
will give you a server on Windows if you use Lennart's binaries, but
on other systems the server will not start.

I do not think that it necessarily does that. The automatic server startup does

  (server-mode 1)

and if you do that again in your .emacs I do not think that it creates any major problems. The server will be restarted, but that then it seems to work without problems.

Are you really sure that it creates problem if there is a (server-mode 1) in .emacs when using my patched version? I might well be missing something, but if I do I will be glad to correct it.