Re: EmacsW32 invocation options

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: EmacsW32 invocation options
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 00:15:28 +0200

On 5/2/07, Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't see that as true at all. If you run emacsclient you obviously do
it with the intention of connecting to emacs-server.

Yes. But there's no single "right" way to run the Emacs server.

There has to be a way for emacsclient to detect that the Emacs server
is not running, start it, pass it the info to start the server (if you
want a non-default server setup), wait till Emacs *and* the server are
operative, and then pass it the original arguments.

That's a lot of details, both of implementation and design. Lennart
and I disagree about the right way to do both. But design worries me
more; that and divergence from the Emacs interface in other OSes.

            Juanma