Re: C-u C-space

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: C-u C-space
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 17:34:47 +1000

A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr> writes:

> Today I learned about this.
>
> Now I am trying to find out what command is associated with C-u C-space. I do
>
> C-h k C-u .
>
> It appears <<C-u runs the command universal-argument>> . I did not arrive to
> press C-space.
>
> Is it a bug? Or I used wrong describe-key ?

No, its not a bug. C-u is the 'universal-argument, which basically means it is
a type of modifier for some functions. So, what you need to do is look up what
C-space does and you will probably find it states that the behavior of the
function is modified by using the optional argument, which is usually refered
to as the prefix argument. See below -

Tim

,----[ C-h k  CONTROL SPACE  ]

`----