Re: Quite a few emacs questions

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: Re: Quite a few emacs questions
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 11:30:39 +0200

mowgli <knowledgeless@gmail.com> writes:

> On May 16, 12:05 pm, Tassilo Horn <tass...@member.fsf.org> wrote:
>
>> I've answered both of your questions in comp.emacs. Please avoid
>> multipostings in different groups, that's against usenet netiquette and
>> you won't make many friends with that.
>>
>> If it's really not avoidable to post to more than one group, use
>> crossposting and set a follow up header.
>
> Thanks for the info. I'll avoid posting to both ngs. Could you tell me
> the difference in both the groups? Are there any special kind of
> questions that should go to one and others to the other?

The comp.emacs group is for discussions about emacs editors in general,
or emacsen in plural form. There are a lot of them, but many questions
there tend to be about GNU Emacs because it is the most popular one.

The gnu.emacs.help group is a support group for GNU Emacs only. It is
also a mailing list (help-gnu-emacs) and has higher activity than
comp.emacs. I suggest you use this newsgroup unless you want to reach
users of other emacsen.