Re: How to Save a Font in Emacs

From: kvnsmnsn
Subject: Re: How to Save a Font in Emacs
Date: 21 May 2007 08:55:09 -0700

On May 19, 1:31 am, Tassilo Horn <tass...@member.fsf.org> wrote:

=Each of the stars is a button, too. Click on the first star to choose
=the font foundry. In case of courier it's adobe, I think. Family, the
=second star, is courier, and so on.
=
=There will be a preview so you can see which font customization fits
=your liking.

Thanks!

what I want.  Then I clicked on <select>, and exited out of the win-
dow.  What do I do now to get <Emacs> to default to this font?  I
tried just bringing up <Emacs> again and it still used the old font.
I even tried putting
"Emacs.Font: -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-m-60-
iso10646-1"
into my ".Xdefaults" file, and then brought up an <Emacs> editor, and
it still defaulted to the old font.  Anybody know what I'm doing
wrong?

                                ---Kevin Simonson

"You'll never get to heaven, or even to LA,
if you don't believe there's a way."
from _Why Not_