How do I unregister (delete) a directory in version control ??

From: William Case
Subject: How do I unregister (delete) a directory in version control ??
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:05:42 -0400

Hi;

I have successfully ( in one case too successfully) registered (added)
new directories to my sandbox under version control.  One is misspelled
and I would like to remove it.  None of the vc commands for this is
obvious to me.

As usual, it is probably extremely easy, but be damned if I can figure
it out.
Simply M-x delete-directory sounds dangerously too easy.

--
Regards Bill