Correct Display of UTF-8-coded Compilation Warnings/Errors inside compil

From: Nordlöw
Subject: Correct Display of UTF-8-coded Compilation Warnings/Errors inside compilation-mode
Date: 21 May 2007 16:25:55 -0700

Hey there.

I am using the locale sv_SE.UTF-8 so GCC speaks my mother-tongue to
me, which is very nice.

How do I make compilation-mode read and respect this locale when I
compile from within emacs, inside compilation-mode? My installation
(latest CVS version of Emacs) interprets it iso-latin-1.

I guess we should use the result of (getenv "LANG") to somehow setup
the buffer-file-coding system.

/Nordlöw