Re: How do I unregister (delete) a directory in version control ??

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: How do I unregister (delete) a directory in version control ??
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 18:35:47 +1000

William Case <billlinux@rogers.com> writes:

> Hi;
>
> I have successfully ( in one case too successfully) registered (added)
> new directories to my sandbox under version control.  One is misspelled
> and I would like to remove it.  None of the vc commands for this is
> obvious to me.
>
> As usual, it is probably extremely easy, but be damned if I can figure
> it out.
> Simply M-x delete-directory sounds dangerously too easy.

If your using CVS, then unfortunately, its not that simple. In fact, this is
one of the issues supporters of version control systems like subversion like to
cite as the reason subversion is better than CVS.

I have done this (a while ago) and I remember it was a fiddely pain in the bum,
plus I lost some change history information in the process. However, it was so
long ago, I can't rmember anymore. I'm sure if you google for it, you will find
the solution.

Tim
--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au