no-word.el fails on Windows NT

From: poti
Subject: no-word.el fails on Windows NT
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 18:17:03 -0400

I am looking for an emacs interface for reading Microsoft Word
documents. I have been using antiword, which is fine and has
an emacs mode provided by no-word.el. This works fine on OSX and
Linux. However, when I visit a doc file on Windows NT, I get the
following error:

- is not a Word Document.

This appears to be related to the following elisp code:
          (if file (replace-regexp-in-string " " "\\ " file t t) "-")
which is concatenated to the command "antiword" and options.
This is in the no-word function, where file is optional.
Apparently, visiting the file does not pass a file to this function.
This is as much as I can figure out. Why is the behavior different on
Windows, is there a fix that will work as expected across platforms?

Also, is there a mode for Wv? If not, I thought if I could understand
how no-word.el works, I would try modifying it to work for Wv.

The problem persists as of the following Emacs:
GNU Emacs 22.0.990.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2007-05-20 on NEUTRINO