Re: rmail Setup

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: rmail Setup
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 23:45:08 +0200

Hi,

   I think that my problem is that I have just absolutely no clue how to
   configure rmail properly.

The question is very basic in fact. Depending on how you want to
fetch your mail, the setup is different.

You have the option to either give all power to rmail and thus it
will take in charge the fetching and displaying of your mail.
This method needs some configuration to inform rmail where and
how to retrieve your mails. You have to be sure that movemail has
been compiled with --with-pop option.

Or you can use external third party tools such as
fetchmail/procmail to fetch your mail from your pop3 server.
Advantage of this method is that you simply configure fetchmail
once and you have nothing to do in rmail. M-x rmail RET will
automaticall retrieve your message from your local spool.

Please, consider reading GNU Emacs manual[1] or check Rmail info
page[2].

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/Movemail.html
[2] C-h i m Rmail RET

        Xavier