Re: customizing emacs windows

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: customizing emacs windows
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 15:13:39 +1000

Ivan <ivanushka@yahoo.com> writes:

> On четвъртък, Май 24 2007, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
>>> Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 00:24:23 +0200
>>> From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com>
>>> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

>>> You can try winsav.el from here
>>>
>>>    http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/elisp/
>
> Thanks but, I refuse to beleive that the functionality I'm loooking
> for does not exist in Emacs.
>
>> Rather than introduce a new and unbundled package, isn't it better
>> to enhance the bundled winner.el?
>
> I read about winner-mode but I don't understand how to use it.

AFAIK and understand what you are requesting, the functionality you want does
not exist 'out of the box'. All the low level functionality exists, but not all
put together in a nice high level package for end users. There are a number of
such packages available which may or may not meet your needs, but as far as I
know, none of them are yet bundled with emacs.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au