Re: Recommend default font for emacs 21.4.1 on linux

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Recommend default font for emacs 21.4.1 on linux
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 20:12:52 +0200

"Rustom Mody" <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> How do you folk manage editing code?
>
> I find that with a fixed width font (courier) I run out of screen
> space And with a proportional font the indentation gets messed up
> because the default space-width is too narrow.

Courier has a bad legibility/screenestate ratio.  I use 10x20, a fixed
width _pixel_ font (meaning that some human designed this pixel for
pixel, rather than relying on some rasterizer to come up with some
approximation to an outline, a process that starts working somewhat
tolerably at resolutions of 200dpi and higher).