Re: How can I turn off the electricity in C-mode?

From: Mark Elston
Subject: Re: How can I turn off the electricity in C-mode?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 11:54:41 -0700

* Bruce Korb wrote (on 5/31/2007 8:29 AM):
Hadron wrote:
I dont know about local variables but in c-mode its bound to C-c C-l
or M-x c-toggle-electric-state

M-x describe-key<RET>
C-c C-l is undefined

Must be a different version of c-mode.

M-x c-version yields:
Using CC Mode version 5.28
and M-x c-toggle-electric-state gets a beep.

C-c C-l would be convenient enough, tho the variable would be better.
Maybe I can figure out how to make a minor mode for these weirdly
formatted files and trigger that minor mode....

I'm updating emacs now.  Thank you.  Regards, Bruce

From Emacs 22.0.50.1 (Using CC Mode version 5.31.3):

c-toggle-electric-state is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `cc-cmds.el'.
(c-toggle-electric-state &optional arg)

Toggle the electric indentation feature.
Optional numeric arg, if supplied, turns on electric indentation when
positive, turns it off when negative, and just toggles it when zero or
left out.

Mark