Re: Emacs like jed

From: mowgli
Subject: Re: Emacs like jed
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 05:15:51 -0000

On Jun 2, 8:31 am, "Drew Adams" <drew.ad...@oracle.com> wrote:
> > is there a lst of color codes for emacs I can get a list of?
>
> C-h f x-defined-colors
> or, in Emacs 22, C-h f defined-colors

C-h f x-defined-colors gives:

x-defined-colors is an alias for `defined-colors' in `faces'.
(x-defined-colors &optional FRAME)

Return a list of colors supported for a particular frame.
The argument FRAME specifies which frame to try.
The value may be different for frames on different display types.
If FRAME doesn't support colors, the value is nil.

I tried doing C-x x-defined colors and M-x x-defined colors but none
work.  But I do not know _how_ do I really view these colors and then
how do I set one of the viewed colors. The above detail is
insufficient.

Regards,
mowgli