emacs 22 & planner: file mode spec. error

From: Martin Steffen
Subject: emacs 22 & planner: file mode spec. error
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 06:52:11 -0000

Hi

I just upgraded to emacs 22 (by ugrading to fedora core 7). Now I'm
using

GNU Emacs 22.0.990.1 (i386-koji-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.11) of
2007-05-23

What happened is that may planner set-up does no longer work. I am
using
planner 3.41, i.e., I upgraded also planner to avoid that the errors
are caused
by having an outdated version of that.

The error occurs not at start-up time, when loading the files, but
when typing

    M-x plan

for the first time. Ultimately, the error states:

 File mode  specification error
    (wrong-type-argument symbolp (quote beginning-of-line))

This error also occurs, I if visit manually ("find-file") one
of the old muse-files, part of my planner-project directory.

Has the file format for planner changed? Is there a
way to "save" the old plans, i.e. to migrate to emacs 22?

Any help welcome.

Cheers, Martin