fortran line width & comment

From: tunti
Subject: fortran line width & comment
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 05:58:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

I edit fortran files with emacs. commented lines are coloured and everything
else works nice, but one thing makes me crazy:

when line reaches width greater than 72 characters, the rest of the line is
considered as comment. this messes up the colouring of the rest of the lines
in the file.

is there any way to me to make emacs NOT colour the rest of the line as a
comment ?

thanks a lot in advance!

-tunti