Re: NTEmacs + plink

From: poti
Subject: Re: NTEmacs + plink
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 01:46:13 -0400

On 01:13 Mon 11 Jun     , Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > > It works for me, but I'm using a pretest of Emacs 22.1 (you didn't say
> > > what version you have).
> >
> > Eli, have you done any additional configuration to your shell modes?
>
> No.  But it sounds I misunderstood the situation: I don't use ssh via
> shell-mode, I use it via Tramp to access remote files and run commands
> on remote systems.

I have many difficulties with tramp. I use a non-standard ssh port and
have hosts behind firewalls. From Windows something like
/ssh:me@my.host.org#3322:/home/me/.emacs or
/ssh://me@my.host.org#3322:/home/me/.emacs or
/ssh://me@my.host.org:3322:/home/me/.emacs
also with plink: instead of ssh:, etc.
does not work.
>From Gentoo,
/ssh:my.host.org#2222:/home/me/.emacs
works fine.
But from Gentoo, multi-hop, and proxy do not work. Those are for another
post, once I am sure I have exhausted all documentation and permutations
for doing things.