Re: set input/output coding system for term-mode

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: set input/output coding system for term-mode
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:35:02 +0200

Am 13.06.2007 um 06:29 schrieb William Xu:

The question is why you want to do such a silly thing in GNU Emacs! You can easily visit the file in some buffer using the correct encoding
   ... And you can prefer a few coding systems.

Hehe.. Actually i'd like to use terminal to login some BBS system(by
ssh). Any better alternatives?

Use more than one *shell* or *terminal* buffer – each with a different encoding, suiting the BBS.

--
Greetings

  Pete

These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                        - Groucho Marx